A great sales manager resume is one that can make a lasting impression on the recruiter or the hiring manager from the first glance.
What constitutes that impression?
Primarily, a well written sales manager resume that has all the important aspects such as career objective, key skills and professional experience articulated well.
In this guide, you will learn how to craft your own sales manager resume with many examples and resume samples that you can draw inspiration from.
But, before we get to the samples, want in on the 3% of the top jobs?
Sales Manager Resume Samples
Sales Manager Resume Objective / Summary
1. An accomplished sales and business development leader with over 10 years of increasing achievements within the specific industries. Proven track record of delivering results in high-growth environments, as well as Fortune 1,000 companies. Expert in identifying, building and leveraging key relationships, including C-suite decision-makers.
2. SAAS sales professional with experience as an individual contributor, people manager and process builder. Currently, I lead a mid market SDR team. My areas of specialty within the org include heading up our team’s ongoing training and education efforts as well as running point on recruiting initiatives. Currently we are focused on expanding our collegiate recruiting and internship pipeline programs.
3. Accomplished, driven Enterprise Sales Leader, highly regarded for 20+ years in progressive roles selling SaaS and consulting solutions in the loyalty rewards, L&D, employee engagement, customer and traveler experience space. I work with cross-functional teams to achieve organizational alignment between sales strategy and company goals. Adept at managing large, complex solutions and aligning resources at the local and global level. Creative, out-of-the-box thinking, and strong commitment to continuously improving sales strategy and approach. Cultivated strong relationships with clients and colleagues by leveraging story-telling skills to develop long-lasting partnerships.
4. I have 13 plus years in all vectors of the emerging start-up cyber security arena (Network / Cloud / Email / EDR / NDR). Strong focus on Inside Sales and Sales Development Management to build world class programs that support pipeline generation to fill the top of the funnel, mold young leaders in their career, create a positive over achievement culture and bring a real passion for building young companies to enterprise level heights.
5. For 10+ years I have been an award winning Salesperson and Sales Manager for disruptive technology start-ups. Having already experienced 2 acquisitions and 1 IPO, I learned first hand what it takes to build a thriving sales culture, from early stage, all the way to becoming a public company. I have earned President’s Club awards as both a Salesperson and Sales Manager and have a passion for coaching and mentoring Salespeople. I place an emphasis on sales process, creating urgency, constant learning and accountability.
6. An experienced business-to-business sales executive with a proven track record working with SMB to Fortune 1000 business. Results driven business development with a big-picture/long term approach. Extremely technically knowledgeable with the ability to translate complex information to the layman in a sales or training environment.
7. 16+ years of experience in sales with IT Companies, on all industries, on Large and Enterprise and Upper Mid-market accounts, within highly competitive markets in United States of America and Latin America. Solid communications skills and strong leadership capabilities to orient team efforts for the results and sales objectives. Selling on Fast-Paced Environment. Tremendous ability to generate new opportunities, influence, negotiate and close effectively complex deals. Proficient knowledge of indirect and direct sales methodologies.
8. I’ve built strong teams through high focus on short and long term goals, building strategies to achieve career success, and accountability to reach those goals on time. I show pride in my team through daily coaching, as well as creatively finding new ways to celebrate wins. I believe strongly that passions lie where talent is abundant. My passion is building dedicated teams. I thrive in organizations that support autonomy and work with employees to remove success obstacles.
9. Making a measurable impact and a meaningful difference for organizations and individuals is what drives me, both professionally and personally. Profitably and efficiently directing operations for the sales, marketing, and production of technology products for consumer, commercial/industrial, and military applications is my expertise. I have excelled in building and growing global programs to multi-million dollar revenue gains. I rapidly advanced into leadership roles, including leading marketing in support of a multi-billion dollar product portfolio. I have a unique combination of experiences in military and political leadership, small business startup and growth, and management and recovery of under-performing divisions of both major and smaller corporations.
10. Strategic, creative and self-directed sponsorship sales manager passionate about helping clients connect with the right audience and ultimately deliver the best experience for both the sponsor and target audience/attendee. I primarily work with tech brands and agencies who want to reach and engage with senior level marketers through digital channels and live events. Using data to inform strategy, I use a blended consultative/tactical approach to craft and present integrated programs for awareness and lead generation—and ultimately the highest possible level of responsiveness by fans, followers and live attendees.
Sales Manager’s Key Skills
- Sales Strategy
- Regulatory Data
- Financial Services
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Mobile Applications/SDK
- Salesforce proficient
- Digital Transformation
- Executive C-Level Suite Relationships
- People motivator
- Performance improvement
- Teaching Sales Leadership
- Driving growth, revenue and profit
- Financial Data Integration
- Market Data Technology
- Capital Markets workflows
- Risk Management applications
- SaaS & Cloud Productivity
- Order Management Systems
- Business Development-Hunter
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Bloomberg Professional Service
- Enterprise Account Management
- Fixed Income & Equity Derivatives
- Multi-Asset Trading and Analytics
- Cyber and Identity fraud solutions
- Financial Compliance Enterprise Solution Workflows
- Identity and Access Management Systems (IAM)
- Bloomberg-Expert User, Blackrock Aladdin Risk Solutions
Professional Experience Samples
1. Senior Sales Manager Resume Sample
- Build and maintain relationships with clients based on trust and respect to provide new ideas and strategic approaches.
- Communicate with clients to understand their situation and needs.
- Collaborate with internal departments to facilitate the execution of client needs.
- Serve as the first point of contact and provide product information to prospective customers.
- Lead identification and qualification.
- Partner with senior sales team to achieve new business quota.
- Attend industry events to meet with prospective customers.
- Drive traffic to event seminars and online demonstrations.
- Assist marketing with campaign strategies.
- Provide feedback for product enhancements.
- Prospecting leads that will be passed to account executives to qualify and strengthen their sales pipeline.
- Managing and prioritizing inbound leads through marketing and in house crash courses.
2. Division Sales Manager Resume Sample
- I trained and managed the highest performing field sales team.
- Sales people under my leadership were promoted to management roles and received recognition for excellence as well as promotions.
- I focused my team on high value accounts that were the most likely to bring in the highest revenue and pave the way for other great brands.
- I coached my team on sales process, with a heavy emphasis on proven strategies and constant learning.
- I implemented what I trained and acted as a constant example for my sellers by living in the trenches with them.
- I navigated myself and my team through many significant company re-structures and new product launches.
- I was able to accomplish this by maintaining a strong vision and always staying focused on the mission at hand.
3. Sales Development Manager Resume Sample
- Started role with 10 direct reports, managed through re-org and layoffs.
- Rebuilt team following re-org and hired/on-boarded a team of 3 new SDRs.
- Included building out leveling, metrics and compensation plans from scratch.
- Built out an boarding program. Skilljar was the chosen software to implement and track this training.
- Planned, organized and executed events like: Annual Sales Kick Off, Quarterly Business Reviews and cross departmental team building exercises.
- Facilitated knowledge management and research deliverables from SDRs to arm our consultants and marketing team with relevant information in the field.
- Worked closely with marketing to launch and track outbound campaigns and event follow up.
- Created and managed career growth plans for SDRs within the sales org.
- Sought out continuing education programs for SDRs.
4. National Sales Manager Resume Sample
- Drove all sales growth for national Consumer Packaged Goods named account list including the largest partner and marketed expansion of offline sales lift studies for cross-media measurement across all devices for advertising, branding, and event sponsorship.
- Closed first new business win from a client in seven years – Multi-product three-month partnership for $175K with opportunity to replicate across multiple brands.
- In 2015, owned 70% of the goal for the team nationally with a heavy emphasis on the Retail Vertical and closed just shy of $1MM in less than two quarters, generating another $1.7MM in pipeline for Q4 2015 before moving to the CPG vertical per the vertical SVP’s request.
- In the first seven months, created the first-ever Product Marketing Communications plan for prospecting into Retail and Travel marketers including high-margin products such as the Retail Vertical’s Holiday Tracker, which brought in key new business wins.
- The Product Marketing Communications plan included presentation materials, webinar content, Eloqua segmented email out-reach, and hundreds of warm calls.
- Improved CRM adoption by growing the Salesforce database by 30% through due diligence involving specific segmentation through Winmo Salesforce connection. Additionally, cleansed the databased for improved contact segmentation. Most importantly, improved the process for in-quarter forecasting.
5. Senior Sales Development Manager Resume Sample
- Built out a successful world class SDR program from the ground up and currently managing 18 SDR’s including 2 team leads in San Jose, Ca and Austin, TX.
- Provide exceptional leadership to talented teams of SDR / Inside Sales professionals across all dimensions of the work they do.
- Partner with key leaders to deeply understand companies products and markets.
- Translate that knowledge into innovative approaches that drive success.
- Employ a data driven approach to running the business – through looking at weekly performance metrics, developing goals and objectives and measuring success.
- Strong salesforce skills to help with lead management and reporting.
- Develop a strategy for continuous improvement against the core metrics.
- Design and lead compelling processes for the team to prospect for new business opportunities for our mostly enterprise accounts.
- Work with team on call skills optimization through recording and analyzing customer calls.
- Be an engaged and visible leader for the team and as well as participate in high level discovery calls with the C-suite and VPs.
- Hire talent and grow them into other roles as they prove themselves.
- Serve as a critical partner to the regional field team and marketing team to develop effective campaigns.
- Collaborate with channel partners to execute on the go-to-market strategy.
6. Sales Manager Resume Sample
- Responsible for qualifying leads, building relationships with prospective customers, and generating net-new revenue opportunities out of the outside Account Executive team.
- Educate and qualify inbound and outbound leads to create sales-ready opportunities via phone and/or email.
- Work closely with marketing to support successful outbound campaigns.
- Assist Sales Executives with territory management by identifying and prioritizing prospects in territory and creating strategies for approaching these leads.
- Work closely with Sales Executives to identify and uncover opportunities at target accounts.
- Secure appointments for the sales team for on-site product demonstrations and discussions.
- Conduct discovery and other pre-sales calls with prospects.
- Research accounts prior to first contact to understand need and educate the prospect regarding Ellie Mae product lines.
- Become a credible resource and develop trusted relationships with prospects.
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections.
- Track all prospecting and lead management activities in Salesforce.
7. Senior Sales Manager Resume Sample
- Managed and ran a Global Inside Sales team.
- Responsible for recruiting, sales training and enablement (not just for SDR’s but for AE’s and product marketing teams).
- Established goals to ensure accountability across sales org for customer retention improvements.
- Launched programs for customer retention capabilities and initiatives, including stakeholders and sales org feedback loop with measurable impact to immediate MRR and ARR.
- During Covid-19 lockdown, helped facilitate webinars, online training and creative ways to drive pipeline.
- Reported to the CRO and Influenced the executive team in creating forward-looking 2-year strategy for diversity and inclusion programs, employee retention and training.
Achievements and Awards
- My team achieved 130% of it’s 2019 Goal
- I earned a Manager’s spot in our 2019 President’s Club
- I was awarded MVP Manager of the Quarter 2019
- 3 of my new hires last year earned spots in our 2019 President’s Club
- 3 of my reps were promoted to Team Leads
- 2 of my sales reps have been promoted to Sales Managers
- Circle of Excellence award recipient in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018