Are you looking for background actor resume samples for inspiration to update your own resume?
You’ve come to the right place. In this guide, we’ve highlighted some of the most popular background actor resume samples that you can use as inspiration to write your own resume.
These samples will help you create a resume that’s worthy of grabbing the attention of the recruiter or casting director.
But, before we move forward, download our most popular background actor resume template today.
Why this template?
- It includes 1-page, 2-page and 3-page templates for your background actor resume, unlike free resume templates.
- It is 100% editable via Microsoft Word, unlike resume builders.
- Battled-tested in the market for landing a background acting job.
Background Actor Resume Samples
The following are samples of the most important components of a background actor’s resume, from real-life, experienced professionals. Use these only as inspiration to craft your own resume based on your experience.
1. Background Actor Resume Sample
Includes Hulu, the FX Channel and Netflix. In February 2020 a featured background performer in HALSTON for an exterior shot outside a store location to be aired on Netflix. Other projects include “The Path” on Hulu, “Fosse/Verdon” on FX, “The Politician” on Netflix (two scenes). Working as an extra gives you a great appreciation for all the work that goes into any filmed project. For example, if there are 100 extras, that would cost about $15,000 for labor alone, without even adding in hair and makeup people, and wardrobe labor and materials. That could be for 8 minutes of the show, to make an audience look realistic.
2. Background Actor/Extra Resume Sample
Performed as a background actor/extra in television productions which include: Comedy Central/Broad City (recurring role as a neighbor), Netflix/Marvel’s Jessica Jones (pedestrian), Netflix/Living With Yourself, executive producer & star Paul Rudd (diner patron), Netflix/The Politician starring Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jessica Lange, and Bette Midler. Maintained a good rapport with directors, actors, producers and casting services.
3. Experienced Background Actor Resume Sample
- Worked as a background extra in movie and television production companies such as Disney, Marvel, and 20th Century Fox.
- Maintained good rapport with casting services and production staff by reporting as instructed and in a promptly manner.
- Responded and regularly checked in with emails from casting.
- Performed as required independently and or in a mass group in quiet and restrictive work environments.
4. Background Actor/Stand-In Resume Sample
- Work under the guidance and direction of the Production Assistant, Director and Producers to promote the flow of the project while filming a scene.
- Ability to adapt to any scene that is being shot and performing with the highest amount of energy possible to ensure the scene looks natural and professional.
5. Background Actor Resume Sample
As a Background Actor I perform in nonspeaking roles, usually in the background. Background Actors help make movies, TV shows, and other productions look and feel more authentic. I am expected to arrive on time, with several potential costumes for the set. Participate in scene work with other actors, take caution working along side expensive filming material and be prepared to work when called upon.
6. Background Actor Resume Sample
- Performs a nonspeaking member of a scene in motion picture and television productions.
- Maintains a good rapport with directors and casting agents by following direction and being punctual.
- Ability to portray a wide range of age and emotion.
7. Background Actor/Extra Resume Sample
- Worked with a diverse team of inspiring actors and directors from different backgrounds to complete a production.
- Gained experience in the entertainment industry and enhanced my interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Acted in multiple shows as multiple characters, including videographer in “Girl Meets World”, a detective’s son in “The Closer”, and as a student-athlete in an Adidas commercial in the summer of 2018.